Take a look at this picture.. closely. What do you see? A frog?
This stunning image is actually five women decorated by world champion body-painter Johannes Stötter to look like an amphibian.. The eyes don’t always see the reality of things around us, even when it is right in your face or lurking in your home. You may never know until it is too late and the damage is done. What is this mysterious thing? Nothing more than mold in your home. That pesky under the rug or behind the walls growing without you knowing.. may be very dangerous.
Mold can grow anywhere in a place where moisture is allowed to leak or accumulate. Whether the cause is a loaf of bread gone bad, or rain water dripping into your attic, the key to eliminating mold growth in your home is targeting the source. Here are some tips on how to prevent mold in your home:
1. Keep your house clean and dry.
2. Fix water problems, such as roof leaks, wet basements, and leaking pipes or faucets.
3. Make sure your home is well ventilated, and always use ventilation fans in bathrooms and kitchens.
4. If possible, keep humidity in your house below 50 percent, by using an air conditioner or dehumidifier.
5. Avoid using carpeting in areas of the home that may become wet, such as kitchens, bathrooms, and basements.
6. Dry floor mats regularly